Before we dive in, what do you need the machine for? Maybe;
You like games?
You like Graphic Design or Programming?
Or just for online work and movies.
Laptops are built by the jobs they accomplish.
The following brands are popular in Kenya:
- Apple MacBook
Maybe, you need a laptop just for use at home for web, movies or online work. But you don’t want to end up with a fake and faulty machine. So check out these tips:
- Processor Performance:Look for 2.1 GHz and above.
- Storage: Very Important, there are two types, ROM and RAM. Ensure for RAM it has 4gb and above. For ROM, depending on your needs can vary, but it should never go below 100gb for a laptop unless it is a tablet. Other tips on buying cheap smartphones click here.
- Screen Size: They range from 9 to around 15.6 inches. Its measured from bottom left to top right corner of the screen, so choose the one you prefer.
- Software: It is recommended that you buy it physically in a shop rather than shopping at an online store. Why? So that the seller could install the operating system for you after, you have scrutinized the device yourself. Or if you like online, check out my other tips on this!
- Also ensure Microsoft Office is installed. If you like windows, ensure it is 8 or above since windows 7 is no longer operational for Microsoft products and services.
- That’s it hope this post helps, Let us know your experiences in the comments section.